Cannabis infused butter, also known as canna butter, is a popular ingredient in many cannabis recipes. It can be used in anything from brownies to pasta dishes to give an extra kick. Making canna butter is surprisingly easy and can be done with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of ground cannabis flower (use a high-quality strain for best results)
- Cooking thermometer
- Glass mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Decarboxylate the cannabis flower: Preheat the oven to 240°F (115°C). Spread the cannabis flower evenly on a baking sheet and bake it for 40 minutes. This process will activate the THC in the cannabis and make it more potent.
- Grind the decarboxylated cannabis flower: Use a grinder to grind the cannabis into a fine powder.
- Melt the butter: Place the butter in a saucepan and melt it on low heat. Once it’s melted, add the ground cannabis to the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Simmer the mixture: Let the mixture simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes to prevent it from burning. The mixture should be simmered until the butter has turned green and has a glossy appearance.
- Strain the mixture: Place a cheesecloth over a glass mixing bowl and carefully pour the butter mixture through the cheesecloth. The cheesecloth will filter out any remaining plant material from the butter.
- Cool and store: Let the canna butter cool to room temperature and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: The potency of your canna butter will depend on the quality and amount of cannabis you use. Always start with a small amount when cooking with canna butter and wait at least an hour to feel the effects before consuming more.
In conclusion, making canna butter is a simple process that can be done with just a few ingredients. With this recipe, you can enjoy the benefits of cannabis in your cooking and add a little extra buzz to your favorite recipes.